Thursday, November 3, 2011

Maintaining Momentum

Oftentimes I think that forcing myself to post here some I can at least not be too embarrassed by is the only thing that keeps this campaign at the quality level it is maintaining.  With the close of the year coming up fast, my schedule is ever-more packed, and finding room to think about Ten Years on Terra atop my myriad other responsibilities is becoming a bit of a challenge, but it keeps me honest, and makes sure that my players get the GM attention they deserve.  So thank you for continuing to read this blog; the steady stream of hits on the statistics page reminds me of my responsibility to you, and to my players.

Operational concerns aside, the last 24 hours have yielded little in the way of ideas for game elements to add to Session 11, but I also need to determine a few details regarding why the party is going there.  I know that they'll be getting a hint that will set them on Alexei's trail, a hint the feeds into the minigame that lets them find him, and by extension, the HPG station in California.  Most of my ideas have been that they find a radio beacon that leads them to him, but exactly why that comes out almost two years after he goes missing is not clear to me -- most of the explanations that spring to mind push the limits of credibility.

Likely I'll have Simon find some hint as he works.  Exactly what depends on the minigame, but I'll work that out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment