Friday, March 2, 2012

Wave Over Wave

I've spent a fair amount of my downtime considering the issues related to determining the appropriate level of force to use against the party, and I've come to the conclusion that given the circumstances, I need to take a more flexible approach.  I don't know what actions the party will take leading up to the engagement, and I need to be able to react to changes in the tactical situation in case the PC's get very unlucky early on.

The result is that I'm building "waves" of bad guys, groups that I can send in to meet the capabilities of the party.  Since the guard units will be fighting a holding action, I can afford to file units in a few at a time, let the guards shoot them up, then bring in more.  This also lets me adjust difficulty in response to how long the guards will be out there while the rest of the party handles the situation.  The downside to this plan is that I need a number more minis than I would otherwise, so that I can support the number of units I need to have fielded at any given moment.

I also think I'll need to get a Balius miniature to stand in for Lecna's Sirocco -- the latter 'Mech isn't made in miniature.

2 comments:

  1. The Sirocco is still available from Iron Wind in the Archives section. Here's a link.

    http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=16_44_335_328&products_id=4798

    Archive minis are a bit more expensive, but they are still around. Hope this helps out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hey. Thanks! It didn't occur to me that it might've been put into production and pulled already.

    ReplyDelete