Monday, November 28, 2011

Life Intervenes Again

My well-planned session was once again delayed due to travel complications and family obligations cropping up with too many of my players.  Such is the life of a GM -- always ready, rarely called.  The holiday season in the US (November and December) is particularly trying on people's schedules, so we try to make room where we can.

This week I'll take some more time to examine options in running the type of Ambush scenario the next game session should be.  Specifically, I'll be looking at modifiers and tactics in the rules, and how attacking an armored vehicle actually plays out.  My simulations suggest a major challenge is avoid killing a party member in a single attack, so I'll talk a bit about suggesting tactics to the party, and how to do a little slight of hand with the on-table die rolls to make it look like the danger is real without allowing a serious blow to strike the party.

It also helps that this is the first session where I consider party member death an acceptable outcome -- I don't want to lose the whole party, but one tragic loss is not something I'll retcon if it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment