Monday, August 15, 2011

Outlining the Road to the Next Session

Sunday is in six days, and all the lights look green for another session that morning. I feel extremely prepared for the upcoming session, if for no other reason than I've run what I expect to be the main combat half a dozen times now; we are ready to rock.

Normally these long gaps between sessions are a liability; I forget what I was doing in them, and when I get back to the table I spend a bit too long working the numbers again before I can really get to the meet of the plot. For this session, I feel like I have been strengthened by the downtime. I suspect the proximate cause is the time I spend writing this blog; maintaining the once-a-day rate ensures I spend at least 3-5 hours actively thinking about A Time of War every week. Unfortunately for my readers, this is a case of observation affecting the measurement; if I weren't writing this blog, I expect my experience would more closely mirror what I'm used to.

This is not to say there is nothing to do pre-session. I need to settle on final statistics for the TerraSec squad, draw out a map for the town and the encounter area, and prepare the pre-session tidbit about the execution of the ComGuard personnel in Connecticut. Once all that is done, I'll be mopping up the additional tidbits of minutiae regarding setting the hooks for the session after this one, and we'll be off to the races again!

No comments:

Post a Comment