Thursday, July 21, 2011

Taking In The Countryside

One of the plotlines for Ten Years on Terra takes place in California, so I've been thinking about that a bit as I spend time here. The Sarna HPG station plotline has not done a terribly good job of capturing the players' interest, but it is something I have hanging in the background, and something I need to figure out exactly how David's backstory connects in there, but that can wait until the rest of the party finishes their adventures in Montana.

The parts of California the game will take place in are quite hilly, even mountainous as the short runs up to the base of the Sierra-Nevada Mountains. Ideal BattleMech terrain. It makes me think I should try to put off this plot line until the part has vehicles again. There's a worry that doing so will make destroying the HPG station too easy, but perhaps by that point the party will be ready for an easy win. We'll see as we get closer to the event.

I'm a little worried about this plot line, frankly. Although it had a great character-story tie-in, actually working out the details and stretching it into a real story is proven difficult. I'm not sure why, but this particular part of the story is just resistant to my attempts to make it interesting. It is entirely possible my lack of creativity is due to mental fatigue (this is a very busy week), but I'm starting to seriously re-evaluate this arc. If it continues to be particularly troublesome, I may have an entry soon on how to punt a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment