Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year, And A Look Forward and Back

2012 is upon us, and I'm pleased to be back on-task.  I expect to be closing out this campaign in the next six months, so I'm starting to think long-range about how to tie the plot threads I have out there together.  Right now, there are a handful of items that I need to weave in:

1) Bruce Lecna.  This Word of Blake commander was the initial objective of the ComStar party, and they are bitterly sore that they failed to eliminate him.  They want another swing at him, and I'd like to give it to them.

2) David Alsace.  Precenter TerraSec is something of the major bogeyman for the combined party, and they really want to discredit him (or worse) somehow.

3) The Missouri Cell.  These guys are resistance fighters who are considerably more murderous than the average Terran Resistance fighter.  The party is split on if they want to make contact; some think they are fantastically effective, others think they're just scary.  I've intentionally not developed them so I can bring them in on whatever side makes the best challenge and dramatic effect for the party.

4) Alexei Romanov.  The man who betrayed Simon and Clark in their very first session, he's still at large and coordinating large parts of the Terran Resistance in western North America.  The party is somewhat cagey about him, since he has both helped and hurt them, but they want to understand what his true motivations are.

5) Cameron St. Jamias.  Precentor Martial hasn't been much mentioned in this campaign, but his role will likely grow to equal or eclipse Alsace once Terra comes under attack by coalition forces.  If he'll actually appear or not depends greatly on how OPERATION MECHSTEAL goes (the infiltration of 9th Division Headquarters at Devil's Tower.)

So that's the outline of what I need to bring together.  A bit more on how I'll do that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment