Thursday, January 5, 2012

Taking What You Have, And What You Need

Reflecting a bit on this week's entries, I realized I might have an opportunity to tie up a couple of things I need to accomplish with this session.  I can bring in one of the elements that needs more screen time, and piggy-back on the session to provide more continuity to my campaign.  But which one?

Bruce Lecna would make little sense; he's a MechWarrior, not a scientist, and has responsibilities elsewhere.  Likewise, David Alsace has even less connection to a Word of Blake bioweapons lab.

The Missouri Cell could be useful, in that I could have them do the damage that renders part of the base inaccessible, although it would mean committing to a certain interpretation of that group.  I couldn't reasonably use them as a Word of Blake Irregular Black Ops group after using them as a semi-friendly force here.

Alexei makes a lot of sense -- he could appear to assist the Resistance operation, and possibly engage the characters in some more meaningful way; neither Simon nor Clark have seen him since their first session.

Finally, if I want to introduce Cameron St. Jamais, this would be as good a time as any.  He could be conducting a site visit at the time of the attack, or even just be communicating with a scientist who the party bursts in on.  He might also be coordinating the WarShip strike.

I need to decide sooner rather than later, though; Session 14 is bearing down on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment