Thursday, January 12, 2012

Simon and Shin's Plots

Closing out Clark's character arc has made me realize how far behind I am on other characters' arcs.  Alexander is only one session into his arc, Cho has missed two hooks so far, and Simon and Shin haven't even really started.  I need to work out a way to work at least a few of these hooks into the next session; the end of the campaign is suddenly rushing up on me in that way that far-off deadlines tend to do.

Alexander and Cho's arcs intersect, so I'm confident that I can tie those together by exploring a bit more about the murder victim list they found at the Sarna station.  The operation in which they hijack a WoB 'Mech should be more than adequate to provide an opportunity for Simon's nosing around in the computer systems to provide a good hook there.

Simon and Shin, however, I have very little written.  Each has a backstory, so I'm going back to that.

Simon's major hook is "The Singularity Foundation", a theoretical physics thinktank he worked for from the late 3050's until 3067, when he left after being sent on a tour of the Chaos March for three years.  This provides me with a couple intersection points; first, Simon could connect into the Sarna HPG plotline at some point, and also he could have been present for an operation one of the ComStar party carried out while they were assigned there.

Shin, on the other hand, has a couple blatant hooks in his backstory.  The first is his Dark Secret(2), that Shin burned down a children's hospital as a distraction while on ComStar special operations in the Chaos March.  He also has an Enemy/ComStar, representing the faction that assigned a battle armor pilot to a BattleMech at the beginning of this campaign, and finally, he has a Bloodmark(1), which indicates a price on his head of under 20,000 C-Bills.  Shin doesn't know about this, and Morgan left it up to me to use that trait as I see fit, so I look forward to winding it in somehow.

The Ranch Attack is the next session planned, which makes an excellent opportunity to bring Shin's Bloodmark into play -- a bounty hunter could easily be leading the party involved in a attempt to take Shin, while the party would assume the assault was TerraSec finally finding their cell.  I don't think I can reasonably tie Simon's plot line in there, but I'd meditate on that some more as I do my session planning.




No comments:

Post a Comment