Thursday, December 15, 2011

Starting Out

To kick off my development time, I'm writing a little bit of code that converts my Character Data Structure into a PNG of a filled-out character sheet.  I'm finding the sheet providing in A Time of War makes this the easiest, since it has very few fields pre-filled.  The sheet still has the issue of not having enough lines for the skill blocks of an average Life Path-created character, but I'm not worrying about that at the moment.

As I'm doing the math here, I realize I could relatively easily write a wizard that takes you through the life paths, and allows you to create an entire character from whole cloth.  I don't think I'm going to do that though.  It would require taking more actual content from A Time of War than I'm comfortable doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment