Thursday, March 29, 2012

Physical Aids

I've got the minis up to the point at which they need to be painted.  Right now I'm focusing on a few other steps.

First, getting record sheets for all the vehicles and platoons that will be in play.  That's a keenly important step.  I've already printed the PC's vehicles, but tracking down all the Word of Blake Record Sheets is proving to be an expensive chore (at least if I want the official sheets, as opposed to just dashing off my own numbers.  The Shreck PPC Carrier, for instance, has models split between the 3039 Record Sheets and the 3085 Record Sheets.  The Vedette Medium Tank has both of those plus entries in 3058.  I'm still getting all my ducks in a row there.

I've enlisted my girlfriend to help assemble the SDS set; this kind of arts & crafts project is right up her alley.  We're working on assembling the terrain, although I need to be careful when designing the interior sets to ensure that the stairs up the "tower" inside the cliff face are viable to play on.

Finally, gameplay aids; I want to cut string to lengths that represent cruise and flank speeds for all the vehicles in the game.  These fall over a bit because the movement points required for turning, but I think they'll make good rough-estimates for the bulk of moves I'll need to make.

I'm a bit worried that I'm over-focusing on the SDS assault phase of the mission at the expense of the nuclear attack and eventual capitulation, but I'll cross those bridges when I come to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment