Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ROM Archives

I don't think that the party has the resources to take Word of Blake's ROM on head-on, so I'm not sending them into ROM HQ for the next mission.  An outlying archive and field office is much more appropriate to this mission, especially given the alternate goal of closing out Alex's backstory.  I'm thinking this is an opportunity to use some famous real-world building that has been repurposed.  Right now I'm thinking of using the Pentagon, which is located only a few hours from Hilton Head, and provides a recognizable landmark to my American players.

This should also give David a chance to shine in his infiltration role.  I'm picturing a scenario of the party sneaking in with a great number of Stealth and Security Systems checks, accomplishing their mission, being detected, and having a running firefight back out of the base, possibly to the point of the helicopter taking off under fire.

The key MacGuffin of this scenario is to recover a list of Word of Blake agents aboard Coalition WarShips, to prevent another CASE WHITE.  I can have this just be a file on a computer, but I'd like to do something clever and creative with how that data exists, something that complicates the mission.  I need to give that a bit more thought, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment