Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Quick Review Of The Coalition Invasion of Terra

At present, I have a fair amount of work done on the primary encounter of Session 21, the assault on an SDS cannon during the Coalition landings on Terra.  What I need to do is flesh out a little bit around it.  Specifically, I need some kind of coda, something to wrap the campaign up, and possibly a "last gasp" encounter, perhaps at the ranch.

One thing I need to do is nail down exactly when things will be happening, which should give me a better sense of what order things should happen in Session 21.  So, for my reference and your edification:

17 August 3078 - The Coalition Fleet shows up in orbit of Terra. (Session 21)
28 November 3078 - A nuclear blast occurs in the vicinity of Denver.
26 December 3078 - Word of Blake surrender on Terra.

To cover each of these events, I'll need three distinct operations; the SDS attack, the destruction of Denver, and the eventual Word of Blake surrender.  We're planning a six-hour session, so I expect we'll have time for all this, but I'm going to want some good, exciting event for each phase of the session.  The surrender seems a good coda to leave the game on, and the nuclear strike seems a reasonable post-climax stinger, if I can determine how to pull it off successfully.  I'll need to review the rules for being on the edge of a nuclear blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment